Re: Loop approach: Loop as effect

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 13:33:54 -0700, "Mark Sottilaro"
<sine@zerocrossing.net> said:
> up, but many seemed academic.  I think Zappa did that at times as well.
> Can you play G-Spot Tornado while you're cruising around town?
> Probably
> not, as it's more a "sit down and appreciate it" kind of deal that I
> think is mainly appreciated by other musicians.

I think in FZ's case, it had more to do with the frustration of dealing
with orchestras than gear-wanking.  Especially since G-Spot played by
Ensemble Modern is one of the best Zappa moments ever.  Definitely the
ballsiest chamber work i've ever heard.  But he did have a tendency to
jump into new technology before it had really matured (the electronic
drums on the '84 tour, ewwww....but then again, a lot of people where
using those then.)

Ernesto

--