Re: Using the Behringer FCB1010 midi controller w/ echoplex

OK, here's what I've figured out so far.

You can control the basic functions of the EDP with the FCB1010.  The
FCB1010 is a weird little bugger to program, and I think I know where
one might go wrong.  Several times I started out programming the wrong
pedal, confusing it with it's function (in program mode) it's a bit
confusing, must stay focused and turn off the TV.  No matter how easy it
is to follow, Aqua Team Hunger Force could still trip up a delicate
operation such as FCB1010.

So I found that I had to add 2 to each MIDI note number to get it to
work.  Why?  No idea.  To tired to figure it out.  It works.  Also, I'm
using the FCB1010 to control the Repeater and the EDP at the same time.
Make sure you Globally set up the FCB1010 to transmit note info on a
different channel than your EDP or wacky pitch bend madness will ensue.

Now here's my beefs.  Where the hell in the manual does it mention what
the CC control numbers are that control the EDP?  The manual is totally
confusing.  I keep getting this feeling that someone threw the pages up
in the air and put them back together in what ever random fashion they
landed in.  I want to set up the EDP so it will automatically record 4
bars and then go into overdub, and although I know it can be done, I
don't see it clearly described in the manual.  No wonder the public
clamors for a video tape.  The manual needs a tutorial book to go along
with it, as it seems mainly like a reference manual.

Other than that, this thing is really sweet.  Not sure if it would
replace my Repeater though, as I'm already missing the stereo aspect,
and while good, the fidelity of the EDP doesn't seem as good as the
Repeater.

On the other hand, I haven't even scratched the surface of this baby....

Mark Sottilaro