the meaning of meaning and dishwashing

I've come to believe (there's a clue for language cops in
the list) that I can carry a creative intent into all my
activities.  Long ago I had a spiritual kind of experience
whilst cleaning a toilet.  Lately I've come to enjoy
washing dishes, the long way, by hand.  Just for the joy
of intent (or lack of it) in doing it.

I play music because I hear it, and I desire to see it
made manifest in the world.  All things can become
creative efforts (even destroying things!) when we see
that we can create the world we wish to live in.

Lately I've decided that if I want music, I should make it
myself.  I'm listening to 'others' less, and making 'my
own' more.  (The quotation marks are deliberate: as if we
really own the music that comes out of us!)

Looping is an interesting tool.  There are many many
others.  Language is one too.

Kevin
Texas

bibliography:

1.  Jim Palmer sez:
i noticed this a few years ago.
i think it's really interesting that people fail to notice
it even when they are saying it themselves. language
processing occurs mostly subconsciously.  only people who
really listen to sound seem to even notice this one.  it
seems to me that it comes from the tendency for
contraction in spoken language.  phrases like "the problem
is" and "the answer is" become a single word.

i even caught myself doing it once. (gasp)

i think that this tendency has a very interesting effect
on musical improvisation.

2.  and then dt sez:
>I wonder how many diverse answers there are
>to THAT one? DT, you wanna go first? :-)
i think i'll politely decline that definition, for now.
8-)
though.....
while the tools that i use to make music are extremely
important to me (as the potential for specificity in the
use of language is similarly meaningful to me), i
recognise in my motivation that i have (historically)
always
obsessively sought an (in)-appropriate
avenue-for-expression for 'creative' output whether i'm
looping (or not), composing (or not), writing prose (or
not), playing stringed instruments (or not), going to a
'business' meeting (or not), pulling espresso shots (or
not), gardening (or not)..... etc etc
etc.
as ever vague & likely insubstantial,
dt / splattercell