Loop4 Mult after Insert

> Still no word on Loop IV not being able to put a multiply cycle after
>  insert--it just goes back to the first cycle--not like Loop III.  Am I
right
>  or what?  Your comments are welcome here.
>  Still grateful for these great tools (when they do what I mean to)
>  Gary

Yes, loop4 does this differently.
The Mult/Ins crossfunctions were completely overhauled
and to be honest I'm not too sure what goes on there without
re-checking.

Here's a bit of conversation I had with Matthias on a related subject to
keep
you entertained in the mean time.
( Matthias is the odd no. of >, and I'm the even )

andy butler

> >Using Insert as an alternative ending to Multiply
>  >produces "interesting" results.
>  >
>  >Mult.Ins.Rec loses the end of the cycle
>  >into which the Insert was made.
>  >More of an "Alternative Ending"
>  >than an insert
>  >...I like this one ;-)
>
>  I am aware that this does not quite work right, its just too mad. So
>  I am happy you like the result ;-)

yes, the EDP forgets about the material in the loop from
the Insert to the end of the cycle

imagine a loop of counting from "one" to "four"

1234

so multiplied its

1234123412341234

then with a separate Insert-Rec , you get

12341234123412XXX34

where XXX is any length of insert

with Mult.Ins.Rec you get

12341234123412XXX

so you've lost the last 34.
To me, this is more attractive musically,
a repeating figure with an alternate ending on every
4th repeat.

>  >
>  >Mult.Ins.Ins  rounds the end of the Insert,
>  >to a whole no. of cycles after the start of the multiply.
>  >..again its an "alt ending"
>
>  I spent quite some time to make this work and from your description I
>  dont understand whether it still does. The idea was simply to have a
>  Multiply and then continue counting without FB which is the insert
>  part and then round at the end as those functions do.
>  Did you get that?

Exactly.

>  >bet they do this in loop3!
>
>  did something, but rather wrong.

oh yes, remember now, always unrounded

>  >to get the "expected behavior"  you'd have to round the end
>  >of the Insert, then do another round to the end of the
>  >mult.
>
>  this I dont understand... you mean the insert into the multiply?
>crazy...
>  --

the "expected behavior" would be the same as doing first the Mult,
then the Insert. but to do this the EDP would have to keep track
of more than one rounding.
What you did sounds great.(as long as RoundMode=rnd)

andy