Re: Of percussion, Repeaters, and MIDI clocks

Oh, I'm not past wanting the Handsonic!  I'm past having the cash!  Or
should I say, not near enough to having the cash.

OK, for you, I did a little experiment with the Repeater's MIDI clock.
Here's what I came up with.  When used to drive my Roland MC-307 it
worked perfectly.  When used to run my MPX1, it seemed fine... except
for one patch, where it seemed the delay output kept changing, but it
might have had something to do with the patch itself.  (It's a preset
I've modified)  When taking clock from the 307, it does not behave that
way.

Right away, I noticed a lot of scratchy sound.  From where?  Unplug the
midi in from the AdrenaLinn... NOISE GONE.  Weird.  I had that issue
with the 307 when I first got the AdrenaLinn, and they sent me new ROMs
that fixed the problem.  The Repeater's clock seems to bring it back.
However, I notice no weirdness with timing.  It seems fine.  The delays
are synched, and I don't hear any time glitches.  Now let's try the
Repeater's clock driving the MoFX... SUCK.  It sounds like each measure
has someone playing with the delay time.  But is it the MIDI clock, or
something else?  I noticed no problem with the Tremolo or the Flange
effect.  Something is going on with the Repeater's MIDI out, but I'm not
sure what.  I wish someone would anaylize it and tell us what's up.
It's as if there's a sporadic message, that fucks certain devices up,
and not others.

SO, I'd say, if you want to drive a Roland drum machine from the
Repeater's clock, it will probably be OK. Anything else, not sure.
Anyone else on the list have experience of what works and doesn't work?

Mark Sottilaro