Re: edp +

On Sunday, July 28, 2002, at 10:00  PM, Bret wrote:
> Specifically what aspect of the fidelity of the EDP is inferior to the
> repeater, for example signal to noise, frequency response, harmonic
> distortion, intermodulation distorion, hum, etc?

seems to be a frequency response issue.  The high frequencies are
truncated.

> What instruments or kind of sounds reveal this difference in fidelity
> between the edp and repeater?

Actually I've (so far) only looped my Bass guitar.  It's a decent
Steinberger, with active EMG pickups.  Nice high end.  I haven't tried
it with anything else yet, mostly due to setup considerations.  Not sure
the best place to put the EDP.  My guitar signal becomes stereo very
quickly, and I use a lot of synth stuff too.  I've set it up so that I
have a separate mono bass setup, and use my EDP for that.  (I know, BUY
ANOTHER EDP!)

Note, it's not GLARING.  Better than the JamMan.  I've just gotten used
to the fidelity and the stereo sound of the Repeater, and I just hear a
slight loss of "presence" with the EDP.  Am I the only one who notices
it?  I'm not even listening to it on high end studio monitors.  I'm
using a pair of Mackie 450s, and I hear the difference for sure.

Mark Sottilaro