Från: mcolon@VisionAIR.com [mailto:mcolon@VisionAIR.com]
Skickat: den 1 augusti 2002 20:17
Till: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Ämne: newbie

What's up everyone,
my name is mike, and i just joined this list.  I am new to the world of
digital sampling and need some advice.  I own a Yamaha WX5 Midi Wind
Controller.  I plan on using this for gigging, and would like to sample
phrases, and have immediate playback.  So i am going to need something that
is foot pedal oriented, cause i am going to be improvising and doing all
this live.  I'm not going to be working on these phrases at home, recording
them, and then playing to tracks.  I want something that i can immediately
hit a footswitch start recording, and then hit stop, and it loop it.  I
would like something that does more than just one loop also.  I'm not sure
if a midi sampler is the best way to go or not.  Should i just use a phrase
sampler that records analog, like a guitar sampler.  Or is midi the best
way
to go, since my instrument is midi.  And is there a footswitch type pedal
for midi that fits what i need?
All help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks very much
sharin in grooves