Re: strange repeater behavior

At 07:27 PM 8/10/2002, dp wrote:
>another midi question someone may be able to help me with:
>
>so, i'm using my fcb1010 to control both my echoplex and repeater; the
>fcb1010 goes to my echoplex and the echoplex's midi thru is going to my
>repeater's midi in.  this usually works fine, but occasionally when i'm
>controlling the echoplex, the repeater will get a midi command that will
>reset the tempo at around 1bpm or will reset the pitch of a track to an
>octave higher.
>
>im using NOTES for the echoplex control and i was sure to put the NOTE
>commands on a different channel.  i also double-checked to make sure that
>all the fcb1010 switches for the echoplex were only sending NOTES and no
>CCs or PCs.

since you are using midi thru on the echoplex it wouldn't be something the
echoplex is generating. did you try taking the echoplex out of the chain,
and just connecting the midi pedal straight to the repeater? Try that, and
while sending your echoplex controls at the repeater see if you ever get
the same problem. Maybe you have one of the pedal commands for the
echoplex
programmed wrong, and it is actually sending an extra command to the
repeater?

kim