EDP -- Behringer FCB100 oddness

Hi,
I've just been doing basic programming (using conroller messages) of the
Behringer FCB1010 to operate the edp front panel controls and have a odd
glitch:
The first press of record on the footpedal (from powerup or after using the
front panel controls of the edp) produces a reset (long press) instead of a
record.  After that it works normally (short press = record on or off).
The first press of record on the front panel (after using the footpedal)
has
no effect at all.  After that it works normally.
As long as I remember it, this isn't too bad, but it seems strange--anyone
have any ideas?

Apart from that, the Behringer seems inadequate for many of the new
features
of loop 4 (e.g., SUS functions)--or am i missing some workaround?

thanks for any help/ideas,
Bruce