Re: Brian May's setup

><< who knows though, I'm sure there's so much
>mis-info going around about famous players it's
>not even funny! >>
>
>>This is true. What cracks me up are the ads I
>still see for Electro-Harmonix where it's
>mentioned that Hendrix used a Big Muff. Well, as
>far as I know, Jimi never used one. <
>
>...like the Hartke bass amps that list Jaco as a user - yeah, like anyone
>who's played bass for longer than about 5 mins doesn't know that
>throughout
>his playing career THE jaco sound was from his Acoustic amp... so the poor
>guy got given a Hartke at some point, probably while completely wasted in
>NYC, and now they use his name in an ad... Maybe I can find musicians with
>drug habits and swap glowing reviews of my CDs for a fix...
>
>Steve
>www.steve-lawson.co.uk

Hi Steve! After a long hiatus, I have rejoined the online loop scene!
Anyway, while the signature amp for Jaco was indeed the Acoustic 360,
he did have a pretty close real relationship with Hartke (Larry?).
Not that that meant that he used the gear that much. The real point I
want to make, though, is that THE Jaco sound came from his fingers.
For a huge portion of his studio recordings he was plugged in direct,
no amp, no preamp, no nothing.

Edwin
PS Loop content: I saw Jaco twice, 1978 with Weather Report and 1979
with Joni Mitchell and in both cases, he got to do some crazy loops!
--

Edwin Hurwitz
Boulder CO