Repeater crashes hard

Last night I was experimenting with the stereo record
function and got a nasty failure.

First I recorded track 1&2, no problem.  Then I tried
to record 3&4, but got the CFC slowness error.  This
is the first time my 128 MB Simple Tech card has had
a problem.

I tried a few more times, via my fcb1010 pedal, and
SCREECH- horrible electronic noise and the 'peater
went black.  After staring in shock, I cycled the
power and it came back up.  Tracks 1&2 were even
there, but not the alien attack sounds on 3&4.
First thought that some component in the chain blew
up, but everything was fine.

Has anyone else seen this, or is it just my unit?
Or, is it my music?

Yours in rhythm,
Steve

PS:  Kim, stop laughing!