EDP S.O.S. - Intermittent Restart Thingie

Hello folks,

A quick EDP query from the San Jose Kinko's --

At my gig last night I noticed a very strange thing with my EDP - it would
occasionally go into "restart" - i.e. the "LoopIV" start-up deal would
flash
across the screen.  (Obviously, this also had the effect of killing
whatever audio was happening at the time).

This occasionally happened all by itself, without my touching anything
at all, and more occasionally when I would hit a button on my footpedal.
At one point it seemed to happen when I tapped the side of the chassis
of the pedal board, without touching any button or sending any
particular command to the EDP.

After the last song, I looked down and the screen was COMPLETELY
dark - you ask how much blacker it could be, and the answer is: none...
none more black.  Switching the power switch off and then on brought it
back, though...

Additional info:

- I was using a PMC-10 to control the EDP, plus a Boss Volume pedal.
No EFC-7.

- Right after the gig, I plugged it in at the place I'm staying, and
couldn't
get it to crash.  I left it running all night, and it's still working fine
this
morning.

I've heard of this sort of thing happening with dirty SIMM sockets or
something like that... any other ideas?  Strange electrical current
things?

If anyone has ideas, please reply to the list, not to me (as I'm without
regular Internet access until Sunday evening), so I can try and get it
straightened out with Kim at the session in Oakland on Sunday.

Big thanks,

--Andre

http://mail2web.com/ .