Re: A/B switch for Echoplex

>On 8/24/02 2:01 PM, "Doug Cox" <bickleypunk@pdq.net> wrote:
>
>>  I  use the Morley ABY box for this.  Works fine when in A *or* B only
>>  setting, ie, pointing the footswitch at one Echoplex at a time.  When
>using
>>  the A *and* B mode, Record and Overdub work simultaneously on both
>EDPs, but
>>  above that (Multiply, Insert, Undo, etc), you get strange results.

right, thats because we have a pull-up resistor in each EDP and only
resistors in the pedal. If the pedal produces a voltage, it works
with both, too.

>No
>>  worries tho, because I just "link" the EDPs via ControlSource when I
>want
>>  them to work simultaneously (stereo operation).  In the linked case, I
>set
>>  the Morely box to the A position, where my master EDP controls both.

thats a good simple solution!

I wanted it to work with a tree position switch, so I built a pullup
resistor and an opamp into my pedal. It takes a stabilized 5V source,
too, so not quite so handy.
Besides, they dont sync to stereo prefectly, as they do with the MIDI
connection.

>  > The Morley box has LEDs to indicate what's what, and runs a long time
>on a
>>  single 9v battery.
>>
>>  Hope that helps.
>>
>>  Doug
>
>In fact I just bought one and it does exactly what I need. Thanks all for
>the super quick replies. Doug, how do you link both EDPs with control
>source? I'd love to be able to switch between stereo operation and 2
>independent EDPs without plugging and unplugging the MIDI and BrotherSync
>cords behind my rack. Sorry for the questions, I just got 2 used EDPs (the
>manual could be a little clearer), I used a JamMan for years before so
>it's
>fairly new territory.

you can change the ControlSource Parameter on either of the EDPs to
achieve this.

a fine method is that you use a MIDI pedal and switch the MIDI
channels with Sysex so that either or both are on the channel you are
sending the command on.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org