Re: Can't get cheap good MIDI pedals

At 04:12 PM 8/25/2002 -0500, JIMFOWLER@prodigy.net wrote:

>i think cheap and good are mutually exclusive terms.

Not necessarily; occasionally you'll find a company which comes along and
manufactures ground-breaking technology at a drastically reduced price.

In particular, I'm thinking of Casio who, with their inexpensive CZ (&
later VZ) series synths, brought FM synthesis to the masses.  And let's
not
overlook Alesis.  They took Akai's $40,000 ADAM digital recorder, then
redesigned and brought it out as the ADAT for a tenth of the price.

But of course, in many other cases, you do happen to get what you pay
for....

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil