Re: loop device endorsement - was Santanas looping bassist

  *laughing*  sex sells!   lol!   -when I was in an erotic funk/rock band,
we certainly had no shortage of audiences!   lol!  my sheer costumes, body
glitter, sexed up grooves, and a fake orgasm contest at the end!
lollollol!  It was a blast!  guys would come up to me afterward to  uh,
-talk...  lol!  -I wasn't doing looping in that context, but if I were,
it'd certainly be no problem to  turn them on- lol!  -sorry,-  to it...
lol!

Smiles,

CQ

At 11:15 AM 8/25/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Is this where it comes to?  Do we need a looper spokes model!?
>

>On Sunday, August 25, 2002, at 08:58  AM, Travis Hartnett wrote:
>
>> On a related note, I was paging through the new issue of Guitar Player
>> today, and came across a Dean ad.  It was typical Dean, a busty woman
>> in a
>> sheer blouse, cradling the guitar between her breasts, mouth half open
>> as if
>> she's thinking "Gosh...something sure would taste good right now..."
>> and so
>> on.  This has been the Dean advertising model for some time, but I
>> remember
>> reading an interview with the company owner, Dean Zalinsky, where he
>> said
>> for the first few years, his ads were like everyone else's--famous
>> guitarists with their bitchen' Deans (and these were guys who really
>> did use
>> the guitars).  And sales were so-so.
>>
>> Then he took a cue from the rest of the business world and started using
>> sexy woman in his ads, and things took off.  "I sold more guitars with a
>> girl in a bikini than I ever did with a rock star" is how I remember him
>> putting it.
>>
>>> That's the whole point here. Big figures in pop culture are what moves
>>> things. If we are interested in what will make looping more than an odd
>>> niche, that's what it takes. A big shift in popular music culture that
>>> somehow includes looping. Fringe artists and a few guys from decades
>>> ago
>>> don't do it.
>>
>> On the other hand, there's a John Scofield article in the same issue
>> that
>> shows his pedalboard which features a Boomerang and a Loop Station, and
>> he
>> discusses how groovy the Boomerang is.  About 18 months ago it seemed
>> that
>> every issue of Guitar Player had at least one article with some
>> guitarist
>> going on about looping in their playing, it just doesn't get headlines.
>>

>> TH

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates