How To Sell Loopers

--- Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com> wrote:
> At 09:09 PM 8/24/2002, Bruce Comens wrote:
>
> the EDP sort of is like that though. If you look at a rack of gear
> you can
> instantly tell if an EDP is in it because they look different from
> everything else and really stand out. Similar with the echoplex
> pedal. The
> color is distinctive, and at least the way I originally designed it,
> it had
> the Oberheim logo across the back in the biggest possible letters
> that
> would fit. That was exactly so when somebody was using it on stage,
> the
> back of the pedal would face the audience so everybody would see what
> it said.

Kim,
Have you forgotten?  This list long ago told you that if you just
redesign the faceplate with nicer fonts and prettier colors the EDP
will fly out the music store doors!  Then put a sticker on it saying
'As Seen on TV' and 'Millions sold daily'.

Or maybe a 'signature' model of the EDP with Matthias handwritten
signature on it.  How about an edp with a heated 'aromatic' vapor
dispenser to get those sweet loopy smells going?  Then, even if you
don't sell many more EDP you get the return business on the line of
Genuine Gibson loop oils.

What looping devices Really need to induce sales is a good scandal-

Killer Serial Looper in our Midst?

(UPI) 'Echoplex Digital Pro kills Santanas bassist when deadly
combination of notes were played in reverse, at half speed. Dozens in
audience maimed or injured.  Gibson Guitars USA warns stores worldwide
to remove Echoplex Digital Pros from their shelves until further
investigation is performed on the killer looper by FBI forensic
laboratories.  Kim Flint, one of the engineers responsible for this
device, was interviewed on CNN saying 'You can't hold us responsible
for what people put into their EDP.  It's up to the parents to make
sure their kids are playing safely.  You really should know what you
kids are doing.  Besides, it (the edp) is UL and CE approved.'  Kim's
neighbors are interviewed 'He seemed like a really nice man, I don't
know why he would do this to innocent children.'  Andre LaFosse,
reported EDP expert went on the record saying 'I've used the EDP in
every conceivable fasion, and the worst that ever happened to me was I
got a headache'.  Film at 11:00.
bret