Re: Popularity/influence/etc.

This isn't a direct response to this post, but i was thinking about the
relationship between improv and looping.  To me real-time looping and
improvising go hand in hand.  I don't know how everybody else feels
about it, to recreate a composition w/ a looper takes all the fun out
of it for me. Something feels weird about it.  And improvisitional
music by default isn't mainstream.  So, who really wants write a hit
that relies extensively on real-time looping, and recreate it night
after night on a world tour? Not me...well..maybe *one* tour...

Ernesto

--
ernesto schnack
http://schnack.does.it