CHECKING IN (California)

>1)where you live

San Luis Obispo, California, former Looping Capital of the World

>2)where you would like to perform (a city or a region)

Pretty much anywhere, given more than a months' advanced notice (depending
upon finances and vacation days).

>3) whether you have the desire to perform in any other region (many people
>who played the Y2K2 LOOPFEST in Santa Cruz, California made the festival
>an
>excuse to take a vacation.  Some even flew in from elsewhere to do so.

See above.

>4)  would you be willing to host a fellow looper or loopers at a local
>venue
>(by producing the event yourself) if they came in from out of town to
>play a
>show with you-----   the mini-looping festival approach.

Mini or mega.

>5)  would you be willing to put a performer up at your home during the
>length of their stay (not to exceed 3 months........no, just joking)

Absolutely.

This was another idea I had after Rick's Y2K2 Loopfest:  the Touring
Looper's Network (a.k.a. Floor Club for Men -- no offense, Goddess - you
can have the sofa).  A loose affiliation of loopers willing to share their
hospitality for a night or two and help score a local gig in exchange for
same.  Imagine Andre LaFosse or not just playing in your local pub, but
actually sleeping on your hide-a-bed!  Join now!

Seriously, though, I'm sure that some of us would be more likely to embark
on an extended looping journey if we knew that we would have places to
stay
along the way.  Looping isn't exactly a high-dollar industry, so a little
gig money and a place to throw down a sleeping bag might make it possible
to at least break even.  I've had a lot of fun meeting and hanging out
with
all of the loopers I've met and shared floorspace with so far.

-Hans