Re: Pattern Sequencers

on 8/26/02 12:31 PM, Hans Lindauer at hans@ernieball.com wrote:

> Would there be a use for a device which used the EDP's feature set, but
> in a MIDI (as opposed to audio) context?  And could the LOOP software be
> adapted to such a task?

I've given some thought to that idea. I've even wondered whether one could
reuse the EDPs hardware with alternate ROMs (since it does have a full
complement of MIDI ports).

The EDP interface is a little constraining when one considers how much
potential there is in having the raw MIDI data rather than audio, but I
don't even know of a hardware device that will "simply" do with MIDI data
what the EDP does with audio.

On the general subject of pattern sequencers, has Roland ever done a
version
of their RPS stuff that has good realtime record capabilities as well as
playback?

Mark