RE: Repeater spotted for sale

"!!!"

Okay, paradigm shift -- light bulb slowly starts to turn up from
dim...  Or, in other words, where'd I put that damn checkbook.  ;)

I've gotta admit, it didn't occur to me to use slip in such a radical
manner (I'm used to shifting tracks a smidgen here or there just so
they'll
sit in a groove).  It makes sense, though, and with the right amount of
MIDI tweeking it shouldn't be too hard to set up macros for randomly
accessing just about any portion of the loop and reordering it to
suit.  And in tandem with time/pitch distortion?  Well, let's just say I
think I might be able to find enough to keep me busy...  <*evil grin*>

As for decomposition, I was more or less interested in the way the
sound/loop decomposes, or degenerates over time.  I enjoy seeing what kind
of interesting artifacts start to come out as a sample begins to fall
apart.  However, using your example below, it would be just as interesting
to "decompose" the groove in a very interesting manner.

And effects?  Trust me, I got a gazillion!  I learned how much life they
can breathe into a sterile synth sound a long time back, even before they
started integrating them into the synths themselves.  My only trouble now
is limiting myself to an eight-channel mixer with two mono effect
sends.  Relatedly, I'll probably be putting the Repeater in series with a
Lex MPX-100.  Have you had better luck with effect units in line before or
after the Repeater?

Thanks again!

         -c-