Re: Synths considered harmful (was Re: Using the Wind Synth tocontrol the Repeater)

As a guitar synth guy I have to totally disagree.  Why would looping synths
be bad?  Why would any instrument or sound be bad?  Why should I care if
someone says, "Oh, a synthesizer"?  I notice when I'm among a bunch of
musicians they probably think as you do.  In the rest of the world, I find
that people could care less.  They either like what they're hearing, or
they
don't.

Bill Walker is another guitar synth guy that loops his GR-30 sounds.  I
love
his music.  Andre Lafosse loops the dry output of his Steinberger and goes
directly into a small tube amp.  I love his music.  Why would one judge
either's process?

I'll also counter your statement about synths winning out over loopers for
sonic manipulation.  Are loopers for sonic manipulation?  I thought they
were
to loop audio.  It goes back to my "Looper as processor (not effect)"
thread.  Some choose to process their audio with a looper, like Andre,
while
people like me tend to process their audio first then loop it rather
simply.

Is there a better way?  Not in my opinion.

Mark Sottilaro