Re: Repeater levels/ noise

>--- "Mike B (digiboy)" <digiboy@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually, listening thru a headset with nothing plugged in and the
>> track
>> levels all the way down  and the input level all the way down, I hear
>> that same noise/hum if I crank the headset.
>
>Through the headphone outputs of the Repeater? I think it's headphone
>amp is noisy. Check it's main outputs and see if they are similarly
>noisy.

 I only have headphones connected, so I'll have to check that,  but if the
noise is coming from the headphone amp, it should  not be building up in
the overdubs unless it's actually leaking back into the recording.

>> Are these Repeaters inherently noisey?
>
>Not unless you run them with improper signal levels. . Or
>try the Handsonic into the "instrument level" input on the Repeater's
>front panel, that may help.

Well, I'm making a little headway by being very careful to get the levels
as optimum as possible. I am running the handsonic into the guitar jack
but I can even hear the noise with nothing plugged in at all.

Still working on it. Thanks

Mike Berman
digiboy@nyc.rr.com