Re: Repeater levels/ noise

  Actually, out of the three that I've heard that are supposed to be
functioning normally, they are inherently noisy to some degree.  Regardless
of the signal level, there's a noise floor which sounds like a modulated
hum with a slight hiss.  It seems to be more pronounced in the headphone
jack, but with proper levels, it probably won't be easily heard if at all.
The main outs seem quieter, and again, should work fine at proper levels.

Smiles,

CQ

At 03:05 PM 9/3/02 -0700, you wrote:
>--- "Mike B (digiboy)" <digiboy@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually, listening thru a headset with nothing plugged in and the
>> track
>> levels all the way down  and the input level all the way down, I hear
>> that same noise/hum if I crank the headset.
>
>Through the headphone outputs of the Repeater? I think it's headphone
>amp is noisy. Check it's main outputs and see if they are similarly
>noisy.
>
>> Are these Repeaters inherently noisey?
>
>Not unless you run them with improper signal levels. The Repeater is
>designed for line level signals. I don't know the handsonic for sure,
>but I'd expect it to produce lower signal levels, so a preamp will
>probaby be required to get it's level up to what the Repeater wants. Or
>try the Handsonic into the "instrument level" input on the Repeater's
>front panel, that may help.
>
>Greg

>Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes
>http://finance.yahoo.com

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates