Re: Confirmed: My EDP is broken. (was Re: EDP and a BIG burst of static/hiss)

Arg, what a frustrating experience.  Does sound like a broken or poor
solder joint.  You could try tapping some suspect components with a
plastic or wooden stick (non conductive) to see if you could identify
the region of problem.  This shouldn't be too hard to diagnose and fix.
Wish you were nearby so I could help.
I would still be interested to rule out RAM all together, by removing
the existing RAM, and installing other simms.  I believe I have some I
could test and send to you gratis if you want.
So, you can either find a good technician in your locality, or send it
to the UK.
I know it is a real disappointment to have such a cool tool, and not be
able to use it.
bret
--- sine@zerocrossing.net wrote:
> Well, at this point, I'm pretty damn sure it's not oxidized
memory,
> or poorly
> seated eproms.  I've been over and over those roads.  I left a
loop
> running all
> night, it was still going this morning, but a *gentle* tap brought
> the house of
> cards down.  Could be a bad solder joint somewhere, but why
> speculate?  I can't
> fix it.
>
> My EDP is broken.
>
> So, where do I go from here?  I guess I send it somewhere and
wait.
> I'm
> pissed, but what am I going to do?  It mainly sucks because these
> things become
> your instrument, and when they die it's hard not to get emotional
> about it.
> Thanks to all of you who offered me your extra EDPs, but I'm going
> distance
> myself from the EDP for a while and just stick with my Repeater
for
> now.
>
> Mark Sottilaro

Yahoo! - We Remember