Re: Feedback Pedal

At 05:06 PM 9/16/2002, dp wrote:

andre wrote:
><<My guess (and only a guess, I hasten to add) would be: there's no
>parameter available for assigning Input volume (crucial to Input and Flip
>modes, among others) to a MIDI CC number, as there is for Feedback and
>Output volume...>>

that is correct. the input volume to the loop happens to be only an analog
control, although the control routing can be configured from the digital
side. That's how the hardware was designed long ago when we only used this
for delay mode and figured the analog control gave better volume swells
then the zippery digital control.

In LoopIV we came up with these nifty ideas for how the front panel
feedback knob and the rear feedback pedal control could be routed in
different ways. These resulted in the cool InterfaceModes. In some cases
you could duplicate them with clever midi programming. But unfortunately
in
cases where input volume to the loop is controlled, you cannot.

Midi control is independent of interface mode. A midi cc for feedback will
always control feedback the same way.

>ya, but check out replaceMode.  the external pedal controls both output
>volume and feedback.  i tried to do this via midi by setting the
>VolumeCont
>and FeedBkCont to the same cc value, but i couldn't get it to work.  maybe
>i'm doing something wrong.  maybe i'm asking for too much.

Set them to two different cc numbers, and then have your expression pedal
send both cc's. That will let you do the same thing ReplaceMode does.

It doesn't work to set FeedBkCont and VolumeCont parameters on the
Echoplex
to the same value. The incoming cc will only be applied to one, and for
the
Echoplex feedback will override loop volume.

kim