Re: schematic,new looper

>This brings up a question I've been thinking about, sparked by someone at
>Gibson telling me that getting 30 pin simms is hard.

no, its not!

>I know that chip design
>changes all the time, and OSs and apps are rewritten to use them and new
>processors as well.  Why is Gibson/Aurisis struggeling with using old
>hardware?  (Gibson expressed problems with availability and quality) Is
>the
>port to new hardware that big an undertaking?

You are right, Mark, it would be nice to have new HW
it takes time and we want the unit to be available ASAP
it takes money which has not been earned yet. I hope Gibson invests
it at some point...

Boomerrang never updated either, by the way...

>juan darkness wrote:
>
>>  btw Mathias,i'm starting to work with cop8 family from national,my
>goal it's
>>  to design a looper just with this processor(cop8cdr9) and some
>supporting
>>  chips,i've seen a recorder project for voice messages with it,i got
>some
>>  free samples from them,and you don't need a developement system,just 4
>wires
>>  connected to the printer port and the software they provide for
>free,once

what kind of software... does it loop?

>  > the hard part(the firmware)is ready,it's just a matter of flashing the
>>  memory ,so anyone could build it....and if someone in the list is
>skilled in
>>  micro programming,we could do a shared design...

well, I try to make a living out of it :-(
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org