Please don't post in HTML

Hi folks-

It has been brought to my attention that a few of the recent Looper's
Delight digests were unviewable for some subscribers due to people posting
in HTML from Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0.

Apparently this new version of Outlook uses HTML 4.0, which some browsers
and mail clients are not compatible with. It may also be that Outlook is
generating buggy or non-standard html code, since that has been a problem
with some Microsoft products in the past. It sure is ugly looking html, in
any case.

Please be a good list citizen and post to the list in plain text. Turn off
the HTML option in your mail program. The HTML doesn't add anything useful
to your posts and just wastes a lot of bandwidth on the server. And now it
seems it is ruining entire digests for some people.

Most people do post in plain text, and I'm hoping that this reminder is
enough to get everybody doing it. If not, I will resort to adding scripts
to the list server that simply reject your posts.

thanks,
kim