Re: dancing loops

Steve Rice said:
>Since it seems I'm in such good company, I'll chime in that I
>also dance Contact Improv.  Haven't played for a class yet,
>but I keep it in mind as I work on my music chops.

oh, just try it, you will love it!

>One thing which I think will be possible with looping is to
>get up for a minute and dance will the looper plays away...
>Including the dancers in the music, putting the musician(s)
>into
>the dance, these things should be very possible with the
>technology (nothing new of course).  This is part of my search
>for midi twiddlers.

I dont quite understand this part... do you suggest that the music is
built automatically by sensors controlled by the dancers?
Somehow I doubt this will turn out nice, and I dont see the necessity
since there are some many loopers that want to play...

>Apparently there is some correlation between people who loop
>and improvisational dancers.  Both are very free-form, with
>some structure to follow, and break when needed.

right, a joint art form...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org