SV: dancing loops nightmare

I find the tapping the Repeater hard to perform while playing as the tap
function is too exact for my sloppy foot tapping. When I was playing a
repeater gig last Saturday (live-sampling two Theremin players) I
operated it with my hands but even then the tempo changed too much with
each of my taps.

However I know a method for tempo changing that works fine for me. That
is slaving Repeater to the EDP. Then I can slam anything into the EDP
and end it with "Rec" to cut the loop for a new tempo. And the repeater
catches up with a very nice, IMO, accelerando/ritardando. If you do
dance classes you could as well have the Repeater preloaded with
material. You don't even have to record anything into the EDP, if it
gets tough. Just record silence to kick the repeater into the new tempo,
and then start adding stuff into the EDP.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.fuzz.se