Re: hardware sequencers

  You can program midi messages with the MMT-8, but it's not necessarily
the easiest and most intuitive process in the world.   lol!   I certainly
wouldn't want to try it live.
  I use the MC-505 which is neither small nor simple, but is incredibly
intuitive and powerful, with many  live-oriented features including the
ability to go in and out of record mode on the fly while playing a sequence
live.  I just used this feature the other day during a rehearsal to develop
a loop by changing it's pitch with a sequenced pattern which I recorded
live as a developing midi loop, to create a very cool groove.  It's way
awesome!   <smile>
  anyway, I can't recomend this high enough, since though it's quite
complex, it's also extremely easy to use once you understand it's
architecture.  It's alot more than a sequencer, but the sequencer section
is very friendly.

  Have a nice day!...

Smiles,

CQ

At 04:12 PM 9/24/02 +0100, you wrote:
>> hi everybody - i'm looking for some advice
>>
>> i'd like to use a small hardware sequencer to control my Repeater
>>
>> it must be able to output Program Change and Control Change messages,
>> which i'd like to be able to program in as a sequence and then loop
>>
>> i've seen the Alesis MMT-8, but it doesn't look as if you can program
>MIDI
>> info into it - only record MIDI from another source - and i had a look
>at
>> the Peavey PC-1600, but it's a bit big and complicated for what i need.
>>
>> anybody have any other suggestions?
>>
>> many thanks
>>
>> sim
>

>BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/
>
>This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain
>personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
>stated.
>If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do
>not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
>reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the
>BBC monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will
>signify your consent to this.

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates