Re: do you imagine pictures while playing?

Great Job Stuart,
   I understand and feel what you say.  When I get into looping I find
myself in a space that feels alive.  It breathes and reacts to my thoughts
to a point that emotions roll off my fingers onto the guitar travelling
from
deep inside to the exterior sounds.  Sometimes it overwhelms me to a point
that I fear doing it "full time" but also crave it.  It is more than a
drug,
it has become an essential passion that must be fulfilled constantly.  I
have a hard time explaining it but it still feels bigger and I feel it is
still growing in me.  I hope it never ends

Weg

>From: Stuart Wyatt <stuart@solostring.com>
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: Re: do you imagine pictures while playing?
>Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:28:03 +0200
>
>This is a very interesting topic, and quite personal ... sorry if I start
>rambling.
>
>What I feel when I loop is better than any drug/experience/feeling, which
>is why I have and am sacrificing everything to continue doing what I'm
>doing full-time. It is deeply spiritual, and a high state of conciousness.
>
>If you want an example of myself in this state, I have an mp3 of a jam
>with
>a friend (he used 2 laptops, Live and Reason), and myself on
>DL4/Repeater... its a rough mix and a total unrehearsed, improvised and
>uneditded live jam. Its total freeform music/soundcape/subconcious trance
>music.... Its the first time we played with each other for about a year.
>Just one evening where we were in the same city, and spent a few hours
>connecting everything up.
>
>http://mapage.noos.fr/solostring2/zolstu1.mp3
>
>I have other tracks - 8.6MB and 21MB which I'm trying to find webspace
>for
>if anyone is interested in how this jam went....
>
>Anyway, we were both completely stoned.... celebrating our reunion, and
>decided to jam.... and both of us trust and know each other, and feel
>comfortable being able to completely freak out in each others company.....
>
>....I'd be willing to try and explain some of what I feel when I'm in
>this
>state, and would very much like to hear how other people deeply feel when
>looping. We all feel something.... hell, we would not be on this list if
>it
>were not so.... Talking about how we feel might allow us to understand
>what
>it is that goes on inside our heads when we are in this state....
>
>Anyone interested in 'opening up'? :)
>
>--
>Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
>http://www.solostring.com