Re: dancing loops

  Not exactly sure how the DBeam is laid out on the Handsonic, but on the
505 I can keep the value at a particular spot by sswitching the mode and
then turning the  controller off.  The MC-505 has the on/off button for the
DBeam, and a button which cycles through three modes from the front panel.
so I'll first find the position I want, and then press the mode button,
followed by the on/off button to disengage the controller.  -Best of
luck...

Smiles,

CQ

At 10:09 PM 9/26/02 EDT, you wrote:
>     I use the Roland Handsonic quite a bit in dance classes. It does some
>wonderful things, and some cheesy things. I guess cheesy can be useful
>too.
>Although I have not been using the sequencer in it for classes, I can see
>how it may be able to be utilized. You can assign sequences to be
>triggered
>by pads. You can control the tempo either by the dial, or one of the
>ribbon
>controllers. Although you can use the DBeam for this as well, you would
>have to hold your hand there. I don't think that there is any other way to
>hold the DBeam's value.
>     Marc
>
> In a message dated 9/26/2002 5:21:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>sine@zerocrossing.net writes:
>

> The Roland family of drum machines are really good in terms of having
realtime
>  Either via "Tap", slider or even the IR "D" beam
>  These are totally useful when trying to synch to recordings or
>  They also have a wide complement of synth sounds and samples
> making them much more than a drum machine.
>
> Mark Sottilaro
>
> Matthias Grob wrote:
>

>> I hate drum machines, personally, but from all the demands by the
>> instructors for quickly changing times and speeds it seems to me that
>> for a begginner at least, the easiest would be to take a notebook
>> along with a library of drum patterns that can be mounted as the
>> instructor explains what he wants and then freely adapted as he
>> changes his mind.

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates