Re: Roland FC-200

All that you say is true. (Well, I can't confirm the last part.)

One MIDI channel only. For the pedals on the device, you need to choose
between prog change, notes, or controllers though external pedals (of which
you can have 6) can always transmit controller information as can the
onboard expression pedal. There's also one control switch that works in
program change mode but gets turned into a note in note mode. And the notes
aren't assignable beyond what octave you want to send.

It is probably better built than the Behringer (from what I've heard about
the Behringer) though it does require a wall wart if you don't want to use
batteries.

So, I would have thought that it would be reasonably easy to match it's
capabilities. But...

The Behringer will only transmit on/off information for footswitch controls
if you get the EPROM upgrade and then it won't do latching. Or is it
vice-versa (i.e., the EPROM will let it do latching but it still won't do
momentary controls)? In fact, I couldn't find any cheap pedals that were
good at handling the momentary v. latching issue for control information.

I also couldn't find anything that comes close on expression pedal inputs.

That being said, I've sold it. I just know that if I find myself missing
its
capabilities, it won't be trivial to replace it.

Mark

P.S. What I want in a MIDI controller:

2 banks of roughly 5 program change sends (i.e., two devices, 5 programs
each, independently selectable); a couple continuous controllers; a couple
footswitches configurable for either latching or momentary behavior.

I think the DMC Ground Control Pro will do this, but it's pricey.

And that's without thinking about EDP or Repeater control.