Re: Eminems success / labels future

sine@zerocrossing.net wrote:

> Well, not to get into an off topic flame war, but the one time I saw him
>do a
> song with Elton John, it seemed like he was just saying the words he had
> written with no regard to the song's meter or structure.  Like rather
>than
> craft a line with a specific number of sylabols and put them in time in
> relation to the beat, he just said them as fast as he needed to before
>he had
> to let Elton do his part.

That sounds rather like the last time I saw Bob Dylan in concert.  I
figured he
was trying to prevent the audience from turning the show into a
sing-a-long.
Listen to Steve Harley on the live Cockney Rebel album where the band
merely
starts "Best Years of Our Lives" and then steps back to let the crowd sing
the
song.

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept