Re: Eminems success / labels future

--- Steve Lawson <steve@steve-lawson.co.uk> wrote:

> However, the big question is why would anyone want to 'make it' in the
>music
> biz? I've never met anyone who was measureably happier as a 'star' than
> before, and I've met a lot who were distinctly uncomfortable - it's the
>pot
> of gold at the end of the rainbow that turns out to be a dung-heap.

While I agree with you, nothing about this is exclusive to the music
business. On
can find themselves disenchanted with any career entered, after having to
dredge
through it for awhile. It's about expectations, if someone thinks a
certain job
will be wonderful and works several years to get there, only to find it's
not
that great, it can be very disappointing and discouraging.

> Your own
> loftier and more spiritual aims seem to be a much more enlightened and
> healthy path to pursue, and I hope and pray that you manage to sell a
> shed-load of records along the way... :o)

Yeah, I agree. At least enough sales that you can continue doing what you
love.
That's important.

Greg