Q involving using Boss FV-50L as EDP feedback pedal.

Hi-

I'm having problems getting said pedal to work as my feedback pedal on my
EDP.  I have read in the archives that it does work, and should work well,
so i might be missing something.  I'm running the latest EDP software.

As i connect or disconnect the FV-50L, the feedback reading of 127 shows
briefly and then, goes away.  However, any operation of the pedal does not
cause the EDP to blink or anything.  It seems to know that a pedal has been
connected, because the feedback knob is disabled, but nothing happens.

Well, one time something happened.  The feedback indicator came up with
'127', but the '7' kept blinking back and forth between a '7' and a '0'
while the loop faded out.  While it faded the audio in the loop at the time
gradually got mangled.

I also tried the Roland EV-5 expression pedal.  This worked better, but
with
either heel up or heel down feedback went to zero.  In the exact middle of
the pedal, i got a feedback reading of 89 at the absolute middle.  The
feedback level declined either way i rocked the pedal.

In short, its maybe a sublety with the FV-50L that i don't understand, not
problem with the EDP itself, but i'd appreciate anyone's insight!

cheers,
jim.
James Lanpheer
Database Administrator