Re: Megaphone/bullhorn (offtopic?)

What I think of as a megaphone is just a cone with a hole -- no electronic
parts at all.

Powered megaphones, I call bullhorns.  They're cones connected to
pistol-grip mic/amplifier combinations with a talk button on the grip.

I'm not claiming to be any sort of definitive authority on this
terminology, tho.

I've sometimes wondered if anybody's come up with a folding bullhorn.  IE:
normal electronics, but the bell of the horn is of nylon or something.

>we used a megaphone in a band i was in years ago.
>we went through several radio shack ones and an
>older megaphone i can't remember the name of.
>the most reliable thing, though less visually interesting,
>was an old cb mic plugged into a guitar amp.
>pretty gnarly sounding.
>
>i came to hate those radio crap things.
>if i wanted one today, i would fork out the bucks for a real one...
>they generally have more gain, and thus you can stand further from
>the microphone, which helps avoid causing the pa to feed back.
>

>> Hello to all-
>> the radio shack megaphone i've been using for doing vocal loops has just
>> become a gig casualty. i was wondering, before i replace it, if any
>else on
>> the list has used/is using a megaphone for vocal loops/not loops in a
>live
>> situation, pointed at the stage microphone, and avoided feedback
>> consistently. the radio shack microphone was pretty good in that sense
>>but i
>> thought maybe some one else might have some recommendations.
>> thanks,
>> j.

---
* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *