Re: SV: not very reliable live

That sounds like definite problems with the Repeater in question, as
I've never had that.  The only thing I can think of is that you were
receiving MIDI messages from an external sequencer.  If not, I'd have
that thing back for service, or at the very least reinstall the
software.

Mark Sottilaro

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 11:11  PM, Goddess wrote:

> [...]
> odd
> reason, midi, someone casually pressing a button, which is unlikely in
> this
> case, power surge, or just plain malfunction, I selected the first two
> tracks of a loop for recording, as I finished up the sound check, so I
> could immediately begin recording with them.  I  didn't check  or
> touch the
> Repeater save pressing the record button to begin recording at the
> start of
> my set, and then found out that the selected track which should have
> been
> the first two, was now in fact track three alone.  I'm expecting my
> gear
> tomorrow, so am planning to try to recreate this with my Repeater.
>   The next thing that happened, after switching to   a new loop to
> enable
> stereo pairs, and recording an initial loop, the Repeater only seemed
> overdub for one pass and then go out of record again.   I may have seen
> this scenario once with my Repeater, so not sure about it...  I wasn't
> actually able to get it to go into record mode properly after that.
> so I
> needed to keep trying to toggle in and out of overdub to get passes to
> record.  EEK!!!
>   since I've rehearsed this with mine, meticulously I might add, since
> depend on really LEARNING the processes, I tend to think there was
> something weird going on.  -just my thoughts of course...
>
> Smiles,
>
> CQ
>
> At 05:49 PM 10/9/02 -0700, you wrote:
>> Show me a piece of gear that can't be broken, and I'll tell you
>> you're not
>> trying hard enough.  What do you mean you have to "adapt your
>> performance
>> after what is actually possible to do with the Repeater"?  OF COURSE
>> YOU
>> DO.  Try doing an 8 min loop on the EDP.  Nope.  Try inserting two
>> beats of
>> time into a Repeater loop.  Nope.  Just because you've found the
>> limits of
>> a piece of gear is no reason to say it's unreliable.
>>
>> I'm telling you people, just like the EDP, the Repeater is an
>> instrument
>> that needs to be learned and played.  Practice has helped me
>> immeasurably.
>> I'm so used to it that when I got the EDP, that felt awkward, just as
>> I had
>> once thought the Repeater was.  I think any high end looper is going
>> take time getting good at.
>>
>> Mark Sottilaro

>>> I have to agree. My experience is that you have to adapt your
>>> performnce
>>> after what is actually possible to do with the Repeater. Sometimes
>>> when
>>> reaching a too fast tempo the Repeater simply cannot calculate the
>>> streching. I have also run into problems when recording too long

>>> www.boysen.se
>>> www.fuzz.se