playing logistics (was: unidentified...)

"are you left handed?  my left foot is even clumsier than my right foot."

nope, right-handed.  my left foot was clumsier for a while.  now both feet
are about even.  they both have dedicated tasks...left gets the all access,
right gets one of three volume pedals.

"i learned classical guitar technique from Charles Postlewaite, who had
invented a 5 fingered right hand technique (using the pinky).  to make my
pinky stronger and more accurate, he had me use it to do
things i would normally do during the day with my index finger.  maybe i
should try to do things left-footed more for the same reason...let's see-
dial a phone? - push buttons? hmmmm

well, it was unnatural as hell initially but i knew i couldn't just use my
right foot for everything since i often need to be doing two things on the
ground at once...while playing...and even trying to think at the same time.
and i thought chewing gum and walking at the same time was hard...

"do you ever play several instruments?  i am trying to figure out how to
setup my rig and have wondered how others deal with the problem of
switching
instruments, stations, etc. while playing seated."

yes.  guitar, roland percussion pad, and nord lead keyboard.  for ambient
looping, it's guitar only but for the rock band, it's any one of the three.
usually a guitar loop or percussion loop with something else on top of
that.

"i was thinking of getting a stool or maybe a tall drum throne.  i am using
a wheeled computer chair now, but it is not very stable, not very portable,
and not really tall enough.  the wheels allow me to roll it, but it also
rolls when i don't want it to."

i have a comfy swivel chair that i found in the garbage.  i was using an
old
brown one with no back and then i stumbled across this gem (faded yellow
braid)...arms have been removed and the padding is really thick.  i can
swivel and roll and relax all at the same time.  it's the ideal height so
that my legs are horizontal when at rest.  i create a bit of a cubicle
around myself...nord on the left, rack on the right, footpedal in front and
percussion pad where ever i can find room.

works for me...

-jim