Re: piezo

> are you using your waterphone with your looping devices?
> if so are you avoiding feedback fairly well with the clip
> tie mic?

Hi Chris!

Yes!  The clip mic works pretty well as far as reducing feedback
tendencies.
I modified the tie clip mount by rotating the mic 90 degrees clockwise.
(Now if you clipped it to your tie, it would be pointed at your left arm.)
Then I clip it to the top of the tube so it "looks" down into the
waterphone.  I can still get feedback, but it's generally not a problem in
performance.  You have to EQ the **ll out of the mic, though.  ($25!).

The mic signal is pretty hot.  I send it into my old Tascam 1024 and then
the loopers.

I use the same kind of mic on my udu.

Hope this helps!

Dennis Leas