Re: MIDI files problem on a Mac: "Logical end-of-file reached..."

Thanks Dave,

I will try installing 9.2.1 on a spare partition I have for such
emergencys,
but first I'm going to try OSX and Win98 (GASP!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!)
Roland
tech service said that the problem could be Digital Performer, and then
pointed me towards Q-MIDI, a tiny piece of share ware that basically plays
bunch of different media files, including MIDI.  Jeff from Roland said he
uses Q-MIDI becaues it allows you do make a MIDI playlist so you don't have
to babysit the install and cue each midi file (there are 64 total in the
install!

Oh, and btw, I did try the import into an already open app.  I even tried a
utility that would make sure the file had the proper type (sometimes Macs
will mistake MIDI files for text files) and creator code, but still the
error
persisted.

But still, I wonder about the "Logical end-of-file" error.  That's just
weird.

Thanks again,

Mark Sottilaro