Re: MIDI files problem on a Mac: "Logical end-of-file reached..."

I also used to work in IS in an all Mac media dept at the San Francisco
Art Institute and we never had a drive fail the time I was there.
Nothing so bad Norton or Disc Warrior couldn't handle.

And to be honest, a true hard drive failure, as opposed to file
corruption is hard ware, not software.  Nothing to do with the OS,
really.  Macs have always used decent SCSI or ATA drives.  Sometimes
they fail, but that's the nature of reality.  Nothing to do with what
OS is on them.  Good thing you're no longer working in I.S and you've
secured a position as an email list ranter.

Mark Sottilaro