Re: FCB 1010--step by step guide

Just wanted to weigh in here on this.  I recently purchased the FCB to
control my Repeater.  Now first let me say that I consider myself a
midiot, some strange sort of block exists in my mind when trying to get
my head around midi control (other than program changes).  I was sorely
tempted to throw out a plea to the kind members of this list to send me
a sysex file so I could just get in and start using the pedal.  However,
I did want to give myself a chance to figure it out first so I read the
manual in fits and starts over a couple of days and THEN sat down and
tried to program the pedal.  The end result, perfection, this pedal is
incredibly easy to program (if a tad tedious) imo.  It really made
perfect sense to me once I relaxed and took it very slowly.

Would I still like a sysex file, maybe.  I'm sure there are all sorts of
tricks I haven't thought of yet that would be very nice to have, but as
far as basic operation, I don't need it anymore.  This isn't really a
condemnation of those who just want to plug in and go or those who want
to oblige, I just know that for myself, I feel much better having
figured this out for myself, and having figured out that its not nearly
as bad as I was afraid it was going to be to program it.  And now I'm
also far more likely to try and figure out even more uses for the midi
gear in my rack since I am not as apprehensive about it any longer.

Kevin
(no longer quite as much of a midiot as he once was)

--
Wonderful!  Wonderful!
The sermon of the inanimate is inconceivable