Re: Looping Fest in Iowa...How bout it?

kris, john, i'm in iowa city (ia).
ia looping fest would be interesting.
am curious how many people from ia are on this list (i know andre is
from here originally).
do you guys have any examples of your looping work?
if so please email me off list, always curious what others do...
i could send you my latest project also.
and it also looks like mp3 approved my last loop ex. that i uploaded:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/452/hsacnostetn.html
the one called: "sci-fi extravaganza" is new.
it's orginally called "lucasfilm sci-fi extravaganza", guess
using a copyrighted name is not good for mp3.

but getting to know your equipment and what it can do is very good.

funny about all this "justifying" stuff. when you look at all the
music categories on mp3 when you try to upload your stuff--i mean we're
categorizing stuff to death. what ever happened to plain ole music.
when i sit down to play, i don't think i'm going to create "loop music"
for a minute, then play some folk stuff, then this and that, i just play.
if i turn on a long delay and play against that, is it different? no.
just reminds me of grad school for art back in the '90's. so concerned
about finding my place in the "mythical/imaginary timeline of art history"
--you worry about the stupid crap, and don't focus on what's important.
just
doing it, trying to find your way, stumbling, sometimes really
hitting something good....
sorry for the ramble...
s---