up in smoke - times 2!

 > on 15 Oct 2002 12:25:21 EDT
 > jprice AKASHMUSIC@aol.com said

 > the name LD made me think of and the image of the sugarhill gang's
"rappers delight"...and
 > with the looped connections/ramifications etc it just all seems natural
to me to think that way.

then i know you'll be sorry to hear of the "destruction of the temple".
the
home of said disc - and so, so many others -  sugar hill studio burned on
firday....  *sniff* (and scratch...)

i know it's always sad to hear of a passing-from-the-scene such as this.

then again - places don't have to burn down to be destroyed... just look
what they did to electric lady. christ, what an abomination! it belongs in
back page of one of those old-house-fixup mags, where they show you
botched
renovation jobs (called "remuddling", i think.)

but sentamentalistics _do_ have their limits. i was sorta thinking about
renting a pickup truck and wandering over to englewood to check out the
dumpster.

on an asordid note:
tono-bungay in performance tomorrow that's weds 10/16

at N6 in williamsburg
with
kinski
subarachnoid space
jai young

$5 set times: jy: 8; t - b: 9, ss: 10, k:11