Re: Please lets all sit together now and define what we do!

>Matthias Grob wrote:
>
>>  sorry, I think one of the strongest marketing arguments we have is
>>  that loop music is mostly created by naturaly vibrating instruments,
>>  controlled by a competent expressive musician, as it was in the
>>  passed, though combined with the technology of exact repetition. To
>>  bring the word Syth into it would be rather a damage.
>
>I totally think that you're off here.. in your attitude about synth.
>Synth
>players are (stereotype coming, please stand by) used to new models
>coming out
>often.  New products are released all the time, it's a lot more like the
>computer world.  People are less afraid of "new."  This is a big
>market IMO for
>your product.

you got me wrong, I was thinking of the non musician, getting the
feel of what he can hear from a looper, which he cannot hear from a
synth/sequencer. By now even the public knows that with MIDI you can
do "anything" and very many are sick of listening to NoteON -
NoteOFF. So the inclusion of "natural instruments" into automatically
repeated music is one of the novelties of looping.

the musician will see easily that he can connect a synth, once he
understands the looping art form.

But this is all stuff we have been through many times here.

>If any marketing strategy is going to succeed, we're going to have to
>
>A) Define our target market.  (we already know our current market of nitch
>guitar geeks, experimental electronics, and prog rockers) who do we DON'T
>have
>that we want to reach?  Who can we reach?  If we target Electronica/Synth
>players and DJs, they will spread the word, I'm sure.

I was thinking more of the public, and they will not percieve the
difference in those ranges of sound.

>B) Keep is SIMPLE.  Trying to say and be everything is the best way to
>say and
>be nothing.  I see our clients insisting on being horrifically verbose (as
>we're being) and losing the audience.  The message never gets across
>because
>people have zoned out.

totally agreed, we talk a lot here in order to boil it down to some
simple "pictures".
but it does not seem to work out.

>C) Elect a few firm leaders.  The buck needs to stop with a few strong
>leaders.  Marketing by committee is never very good.  Too many cooks...

thats one of the next steps. Do you like to cook?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org