Re: Line6-problems

On Tuesday, October 15, 2002, at 11:13 PM, Carsten Wegener wrote:
> To get more in details: I do a programming on one of the three
> switches. I
> thought the memory is the setting of the five right knobs(Delaytime,
> repeats, tweak, tweez and mix) which then can be applied to the
> different
> delaymodels. But when i change the mode, the setting is changing(which
> i can
> see by the tempochange of the tap tempo LED).so i ask myself, if  i
> entered
> another setting( maybe a preset that is different for every
> delaymode?) or
> if there is more than three programmable memories (that seems the least
> possible to me). Is my point clearer now?

Er, I'm not sure. I have not played around with the delay modeler side,
or the programming that much (I need a second DL4 to do that)... my DL4
is used purely for the looping, which apart from the expression pedal,
does not allow any programming.

All that I know is that when you have found a delay sound that you
like, you press down button 1,2 or 3 for about 2 seconds, and it will
flash to say that your settings are saved. Button 4 (to the far right)
is used purely for tap-tempo when in delay mode. You can save 3 delay
modeler settings in the DL4's memory.

> I am using the pedal( I think itīs the greatest feature of the DL4).

I agree with you :)

> I donīt
> understand your stereo/mono-point. I use a mono-pedal, but is this the
> reason,why there is such a small range(not even half the way from heel
> toe) in that the change of sound happens?

Ok, I wasn't clear in my last post (My brain is tired... as it is now
:)... Make sure that you use a Line6 expression pedal. The jack
connection on the cable that plugs into the DL4 is the same as a mono
1/4" jack, whereas most expression pedals (such as the Roland EV-5 etc)
  have what looks like a stereo 1/4" jack at the end.

I've tried using my EV-5 in the DL4, and have had some strange results.

If you are getting a small range, try reprogramming the pedal. Check in
the manual (I cant find mine handy).... you have to set the maximum
range, then move the foot pedal to maximum, then do the same for the
minimum.... or was it the other way round?.... (like I said, double
check in the manual)

Good luck!