RE: SV: Please lets all sit together now and define what we do!

Oh and I guess the technique is similar to e-mail that never shows up as
being sent.

-----Original Message-----
From: Goddess [mailto:thefates@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 11:46 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: SV: Please lets all sit together now and define what we do!

  Mark, you're right, the 307 won't do this to my knowledge.   Nor will the
303, or the new 909 for that matter.   The MC-505 is the only member of the
Groove Box series which will.
  You can initiate record in a prerecorded or blank pattern, and begin it
playing, and then record while it's playing, and then simply press record
again to toggle out of record mode and play along with the pattern which
continues to play uninterupted.   Then, when you want to add more music to
the pattern, simply press record again, and whatever you then play will now
be recorded along with the pattern, which, as before, continues to play
uninterupted despite the presses of record.  To stop the pattern, you'd
just press stop.  Does this make sense?...

Smiles,

CQ

   At 01:53 PM 10/15/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Shit!  I bought the wrong thing again!  the 307 does not... in real time
>record I should say.  It will in step record.  Is this what you're talking
>about?  That would be OK, but I like the way I've been using a cheap
>roland
>drum pad to input notes into the 307
>
>Goddess wrote:
>
>>   The 505 allows for this.   You can add or subtract from a looping
pattern
>> while it plays.  -or play along with it without recording.
>>
>> Smiles,
>>
>> CQ
>>
>> At 08:53 AM 10/15/02 -0700, you wrote:
>> >Oh, I see.  That's useful, but not what I'm looking for.  I want to be
>> >able to add and subtract to a loop once it's going.  Being able to undo
>> >a phrase while the sequencer is still running is what I'd like to do.
>> >
>> >Mark

---