Re: AES loopage

> Hi Italo,
>
> I believe I must have heard Scott play then, since I am pretty sure I
> met you at a previous show. I wish I could go to Paris next week.
>
> I have done some work with realtime time compression while looping on
> a laptop, and so am very curious about the new Orville capabilities.
> I should have stuck around the booth to ask these questions, but
> perhaps you'll indulge me here...
> On my H3000SE, the time compression requires a somewhat
> time-consuming analysis step for best results. Is this no longer
> required on a v3.0 orville? Moreover, is the delay memory and the
> sampler memory now truly the same?

The Orville requires some tweaking...less than the 3000, though.
Remember that real time extreme time compression can give artifacts
that only some manual adjustment can help fixing.
Delay memory and sampler memory are separated:
Orville DSP A has 43 sec delay and 174 sec sampling
Orville DSP B has 43 sec delay.
In both dsps, delay memory can be used also with SMALL SAMPLER module,
an old fashioned sampler in which time compression AND pitch are tied
together.
The HI QUALITY Sampler module is only resident in dsp A.
It's 174 seconds memory can also be used for looping, by allocating it
in LONGDELAY modules, as many as you want, within the max delay memory
available.

> My H3000, is about 13 years old now and shows its age, but I think of
> it like a vintage guitar. For many years it was really my main
> musical instrument (not to raise that thread again!). Now that there
> are finally more digital audio ins and outs available for the Orville
> as well, I may have to think more seriously about selling my car to
> buy one.
>
> regards,
>
> Alex S.

Well, Orville is still much less expensive than all other flagship (TC
and Lexi)units and does much, much more.
Try one and you'll understand its value.

greetings
Italo

> >Hi Alex
> >Scott Gilfix and I were looping in quad at the Eventide booth this la
st
> >AES Show in LA
it alone in Paris SATIS Show, next
> >week.
> >
> >We have just built a new amazing Operative system for it (and Eclipse
)
> >along with a huge new presets library. New looping tools like PITCHTI
ME
> >allow for up to 16 seconds of REAL TIME delay/looping with time
> >compression and/or pitch shifting...it can read audio from 1% to 300%
> >rate, 100% being normal speed...at 50% 16seconds become 32! This is
> >sampling technique applied to real time delay...unique!
> >You can have from 6 to 12 or 15 instances of this delay in Orville.
> >We have built quad looping presets with loops changing speaker in
> >turns, in cross shape, in sides...with loop times set in bars, possib
ly
> >off-set-able for more random scapes...we have new dynamic distortion
> >tools, with morphing curves, new preamps that are hard to beat when i
> >comes to "new" sounds, polyfuzzes, etc. We have presets where you can
> >shift a mono or a stereo or a quad loop thru a pre-set-able chord
> >progression, while processing the loops and the direct
> >source...improvising on top of the loops...we have....another ton of
> >new amazing stuff...making the most powerful box even more
> >powerful...different tap tempo for delays and for loops (reset or
> >climbing)....Orville is a new machine. OS V3.0 will be a looper's dre
am.

> >Greetings
> >Italo
> >
> >  > I can only assume the person looping in quad in the Eventide boot
h at
> >  > the AES show last week is reading this. Regardless, that was a cl
ear
> >  > highlight for me. It was like entering another large world inside
> >  > that tiny cubicle.
> >  >
> >  > I was also quite surprised by what I got from someone trying out
the
> >  > Roland V-
Bass. Anyone here using that and have anything to say about
> >  > it? I am particularly interested in a couple rumors, that the pit
ch
> >  > shifting is not very clean and that you cannot set up entirely
> >  > different sounds for each string. The totally retuned sounds I he
ard
> >  > seemed pre
fliction called Showheimer Disease...