Vortex problem

Hi Vortex users,

my Vortex started to act strangely, in a way described below:

Playing patches from the presets or from user memory works fine. If I
modify
an existing patch, it also works fine - but if I do save this patch to
another location, the resulting patch acts weird, not working like the
intended patch, not reacting to further parameter changes, and generally
doing weird stuff (like creating feedback >100%).

Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem before? Could it be a
battery problem (if yes, I hope it's easy to change the battery in this
thing)?

Sincerely,

       Rainer

Rainer Straschill